Here’s one to try if you’re a triathlete facing a race with a big hill in the middle (such as Boulder Peak). It’s to be performed on a trainer:
- 10 min warm-up
- 30 min at just below race pace in Aero position
- Stand up and go hard for 10-15 minutes (do not touch seat during this phase of the ride – even once)
- Back into Aero position for 30-40 minutes to equal total expected length of the bike portion of the ride
- Immediately change into running shoes and run just below race pace for 10 minutes
- 10 minute warm-down (running or cycling)
Go get ’em!